Monday, March 26, 2012

Snowmobiling!

About a month ago we decided to buy a couple snowmobiles. So Andy started looking on KSL and found 2 for sale in Moab for a pretty good price. He had to go there anyway for some work stuff so me and the kids jumped in and went with him so we could look at the snowmobiles too. They ended being just about exactly what we wanted so we ended up buying them both and bringing them home. We later decided that we probably only wanted one right now, but luckily for us Andy's parents wanted to buy the other one! So now we each have one and we can go play together! We were only able to take it out a few times this year before there wasn't enough snow, and actually I only got to go 1 time, but we made the most of it!



The week before we bought them Andy went with James Francom on there snowmobiles and had a blast, which is what I think pushed him over the edge to actually buy one this year. Then we went the Saturday after we got them with just our little family. The weather was so nice and warm and the kids had so much fun. I think it'll be a really fun family toy for us to enjoy!!






It was so deep up by Johnson Creek. Dodger fell in and we lost leg for a little bit. But really even when I stepped in I didn't touch the bottom.









Poor Dodger was so tired by the time we headed back. He didn't last too long before he fell asleep!



He rode like this for about a 20 min. before we reached the truck. By the end his arm was almost dragging on the road.




And then when we did get back to the truck he didn't even wake up when I transported him! He was pretty worn out!!

The next day or so Andy and his Dad took them without any kids to try them out. I'm pretty sure they loved it, it didn't even ruin their day when Pete ran into a tree with his head! Luckily he was OK and I think it looked worse than it was, because it looked pretty painful and bloody, but he was all smiles.

This picture isn't even a reenactment. Andy really stopped to get the camera out before he helped get the thing off of his dad's leg.

1 comment:

Francom Family said...

Nothing says family fun like a snowmobile ride:). I am so happy you got them so we can be snowmobile friends. So you have to admit you were proud of Andy for 1. taking a camera and 2. Getting it out to take that awesome picture. I'm glad his dad is ok.