Last year Andy and Kade, our nephew, decided it would be a great idea to invest in some pigs. So the talked to Jim Harris and "ordered" some and then set out to find the perfect spot to house them. It turns out that the perfect spot is at Andy's parents house in an old steer pen turned dog pen and now turned pig pen. It's the perfect spot since they have shade a running water close by, and the best part is that it's not right next to my house so I don't have to smell them, and Andy's parents are on their mission so they don't have to smell them either. Dodger decided to name our pig Bigger, which is funny because he's the small one, and Kade named his Digger. We take turns with Kade for feeding, so we feed one week and then we switch and he feeds them the next. It's working perfect! The sad part is that in the fall I think they will become my bacon...I guess that's sad, but it kinda makes me happy. :)
Monday, July 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mmmmmmm, bacon.
Post a Comment