Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lake Powell & Boating 2013

 We had another awesome year with our boat.  I dare say it is one of the best purchases we have made so far in our marriage.  I love it, I think Andy loves it, and I know the boys love it.  We weren't able to take it out as much this year as we did last year because the water was so low at the Dam, but the few times we took it there and the few other times we took it to Lake Powell were awesome. 

 Our first trip to the Lake was just our little family.  I was nervous of how Stihl would like it, and how it would be with a new baby, but he did so good!  This trip was so relaxed.  Since there wasn't more adults to hold the flag and drive, Andy and I didn't play on any of the toys, only the boys rode the tube, but other than that we just hung out on the beach and played in the sand. 


  

  

 
 
 
  
  

We went down with Millwards and camped for the weekend another time.  Suzie and Steve and their crew came down the next day.  During the night a big thunderstorm came in and rained and lightninged a lot.  I was nervous that the next day would just consist of packing up and going home.  But we waited around until after lunch and it got better for a few hours. Although it did ruin my camera :( Then the storm came back and was worse!  The boats had to take a 2 loads each into the dock to get everything back, and me and the kids and some of the Francom's were out at the beach and part of the second trip back in.  By this time the storm was really bad and the water was crazy!  It was so scary trying to get our family back to shore.  There were waves crashing up over the sides of the boat, and I was trying to hold the baby and hold on to each kid while trying not to fly out of the boat myself.  The kids were crying, and I was near tears!  There were dead fish floating everywhere in the water from being struck by lightning, and boats being thrown all over the place. When we finally got to the dock, Francom's were already loaded and out of the water, but luckily they came back to help us, otherwise I don't know how we would have gotten out of the water.  I was no help to Andy since I had the baby.  When we finally were in our truck and on the road, I broke down and cried.  It was one of the scariest times of my life so far!!
On a fun note, Steve pulled Andy and I, and Beth and Danny on the tubes and it was so fun!  At first Beth's brother Stewart was riding on a tube too in the middle, but that wasn't working so we switched to 2 after that. While we rode the tubes the other kids stayed on the beach and made massive sand castles and swam.




























 Dodger, Bronx and Carson took off on a little hike, and when we looked to find them they were on top of this huge rock mountain!  Scary!! Andy had to go and help them get down.






 Here are some of our Dam adventures all in one.  
This was the first year Dodger tried knee boarding and he did so good.  He started with Andy holding onto him by the boat, but he stayed up the whole time.  I was so proud!  We went out a couple different times, one time we had Trace with us.  Him and the boys caught a ton of cat fish in a water bottle.  Trace ended up taking them home and putting them in his fish tank.  Another time we went out with Danny Millward and his kids and him and Andy wake boarded, and I did the knee board.




 Even baby Stihl got in and swam.  He only lasted a minute and then was done.






No comments: