January:
Andy and I had just barely gotten married and moved up to Logan so Andy could go to school at Utah State. We filled my car, Pete's truck and a large enclosed trailer full of our stuff and headed north. It was a bad snow storm that weekend, which made our trip to Logan a few hours longer than we had planned. But we made it and James, our brother-in-law helped us move in the next day.
February:
I still hadn't found a job that I wanted and Andy was taking a huge load of classes so he didn't have a job which meant that money was tight. So our first Valentines Day as a married couple was done quite cheaply. While Andy was at school I decorated the house in candy and paper hearts, and made him a Mountain Dew tour. For dinner Andy made me an awesome candelite dinner. He even decorated the table to look all fancy. I loved it!
March:
I believe this is when I FINALLY got a job. I started substitute teaching. It was pretty fun most of the time. Although, kids aren't very nice to subs, but I can't blame them, because honestly neither was I. For Andy's Spring Break we went to Blanding and did some work for his dad to help us earn a little more money (substituting doesn't pay so well). While we were in Blanding we visited family which usually takes up most of our time and we went horse back riding. I think this is the month we went with Andy's class on a field trip to Idaho and Wyoming. We went and looked at different sheep farms and saw alot of neat sights.
April:
This was a good month, I got my scooter! I had been wanting one for a while, ever since my friends had one when I was at school in Cedar City, and then my sister-in-law got one and my brother-in-law has one too. So, we figured that we might as well join the scooter club and get one as well. Andy and I would take turns test driving it around our apartment in Logan. Then we would ride it together, with both of us on it, going down a hill we got it going 40 mph! This is Andy's birthday month. Unfortunately Andy's Grandma Bevy died around the same time of his birthday, so we celebrated near Seattle Washington at her funeral. His parents picked us up at Dave's house in Tremonton at 10:30 PM and we drove the rest of the way through the night. I'm so happy that we were able to go and visit with family. Plus my sister Amber and her family were living in Bothell at the time so we stayed at their house, it was really fun to get to see them while they lived in Washington.
May:
Andy finished his first sememster at Utah State! We decided that we wanted to move home to Blanding for the summer so we packed up our cute little apartment and started for home. On our way we stopped in Cedar City so I could go to my college graduation. I know that most people would do anything they could to not have to walk, but I've always wanted to, I figured I'd earned it, plus it was something my mom had always wanted me to do. While we were in Cedar our truck got broken into while we were asleep at the hotel. When I woke up and was getting ready for graduation I noticed it. Andy ran down to check what was gone. Only a few things had been taken; a little cooler, a pillow and a blanket. I was way bummed when Andy dropped me off at the school. When I was standing in line waiting to walk, Andy called me and told me that on the way to the college he had found our stuff on the side of the road down a little alley thing. CRAZY! I was so happy because the blanket that was stolen was given to us for our wedding by Cathy Cosby and it is so pretty. We made it through graduation and made it to Blanding. I started working at Old Tymer and Andy started working for his brother Kenny. He remodeled two rooms in Kenny and Ambers house.
June:
We camped a lot this month. We put a tent up on the Bear's Ears by Kenny and Ambers cabin


July:
All of my family came down for the 4th of July. It was a blast. Even my Grandma Johnson and Grandma & Grandpa Quayle made it. The night before the big celebration we had a cook out up at Dry Wash. Then we did all of the 4th of July things; go to the parade, eat shish kabobs at the park, and we went and watched the fireworks. It was so good to have all of the family there. I'm so thankful that my G & G Quayle could come, because I doubt if they will ever make it to Blanding again. Then the rest of the week we just played. We went swimming at the dam a few times, and fishing at the 4th reservoir. The kids loved it!
August:
My birthday month! This is the time of year that the San Juan County Fair rolls around. I love the fair. Usually we go to the animal auction and help our dads and Kenny bid on animals, but this year the auction fell on my birthday. So instead we went to the Rodeo on Friday night then headed to Cortez, Farmingto & Durango for some shopping. It was such an awesome weekend. We had so much fun. Durango is where we went on our honeymoon so it's always fun to go back there, it's one of my favorite places. (Sometime during the summer we poured my dad a new back patio, put in a sprinkler system, and remodeled his guest bathroom)
September:
I got my new job at Recapture Metals. I was so happy to finally have a job that I can be proud of. Even though I still continued to work at Old Tymer for a few months for a little extra cash. By this time Andy was working for Steve Francom doing construction (he's so good at it).
October:
I really enjoy Halloween. I love to get dressed up, I wish everyone would dress up so I didn't feel so silly when I'm the only one at work wearing a costume. Oh wells, if you know me then you know that being emb
November:
For Thanksgiving this year we didn't want to go far from home, so we went with my family over to my Aunt Carolyn's house in Cortez. My sister Amber and her two kids were there, her husband was in Washington for a job interview, and Michelle was there with her daughter then Andy & I, my dad, grandma, aunt and her new fiance were all there. All of Andy's family was up in Tremonton at his brother Dave's house.
December:
This month went by so fast! On the 6th I had a work party at the Lamplight restaurant in Monticello. This was my first work party EVER so it was alot of fun for me. Then on the 10th Andy started working at Recapture Metals. This has been a good job for both of us. Andy can go in early so he gets to leave early, that way he still has a lot of day left to get other things done. We spent Christmas Eve with Andy's family. They always do a big fancy candlelit dinner. Everyone dresses up and we have turkey and ham and everything else thats yummy. Then we exchange name gifts. All the family was there except for Tony and Jody's families. I had gotten really sick the night before Christmas Eve and I could hardly move the whole day. I was feeling a little better that evening so I went over to have dinner (of course I wouldn't miss a party). Then Andy & I spent the night at the Bed & Breakfast (we had been living there ever since we came home for the summer). We woke up and had our own Christmas morning with just the 2 of us, then we went over to his parents for a few minutes, and then up to my dads. Jeff & Chelsa, Michelle and their kids were all up there. We hung out most of Christmas day at my Dad's. Except for the time when we were going around to look at what everyone had gotten for Christmas, this is a tradition in Andy's family. All-in-all it turned out to be a really great Christmas. Then for New Years we went to a party at Suzies house, but Andy had really hurt his back playing basketball that morning so we only ended up staying until 10. We went home, fell asleep, and the only reason we woke up at midnight is because we heard someone honk their horn outside our window.
That was our 2007! We loved it!

9 comments:
What an eventful year!! That was so fun to read! I love hearing about what's been happening in your guys' lives!! Thanks for the great update!
You crack me up leece. It was good to hear about your year since I didnt get to see you very much :) I wish I had been blogging during our first year of marriage because even though it can be stressful its always fun looking back. PS do you still have your scooter? I think the blog needs a picture of you riding it...
I loved reading that! It is fun to know what you did during your year. Were you guys planning on moving back to Logan but decided not to? If it makes you feel any better about your truck getting broken into while you were in Cedar for graduation.....Bryce and I's UHaul got stollen in Denver while we were moving to Nebraska and we never got anything back!!! The cops found the UHaul a month later and it was empty. So we moved into our new apartment in Omaha in about 15 minutes!!!:) So, I know how you feel when something that means a lot to you gets stollen. I'm really glad Andy found your stuff though.
Leece! What up? So fun you found us! I love you guys, you're so cute. I love the pic of Andy on the horse, it looks like a for real old western photo!!! Call us to hang out!!!
Hey Alicia, I hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Janice's. It's fun to see how you guys are doing! I'm sad you won't be in the ward, it would have been fun!
Leece, my email is janicetwitchell@hotmail.com thanks so much for helping me! You guys had a way busy year! I love the pic of you and brielle, she's grown up so much since I left Blanding!
Hey Leece. I found your blog through Tiff's and I was so excited! How the heck are you? Sounds like you're doing great!
Hey leece, its Lissa. i found your blog through jackie's. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good year. i love reading about what's been happening in your life.
Hey I found your blog through Tiff's. Lately I have stumbled on lots of different people. It is fun to see how everyone is doing. You guys are so cute. Looks like you guys are doing well. =)
Post a Comment