Monday, February 11, 2008

Busy Weekend

This weekend was pretty eventful, and very fun. First of all, I went up to Provo/Orem with my sister Michelle, Nicole Francom, and MaryHelen (Michelle's soon to be Mother-in-law) to look for a wedding dress for Michelle. She is getting married to David Palmer sometime soon, and we decided to take the weekend and head up north to start shopping. After a fairly fast trip we headed home with a lot accomplished. She got her dress, which is very pretty, it looks like it was made just for her. It was so fun to get to do this with her. She really deserves this. Also, on Friday before I arrived they were able to get David's ring ordered. Then we went and found this most awesome quilt shop in Springville called Corn Wagon Quilt Co. It had the coolest fabric and patterns. It makes me want to be a quilter, I would love to take my sisters-in-law to this place, they would love it. At this store we found material so MaryHelen can make dresses for Sage, Zoie and Alex for the wedding.

We got home pretty early on Saturday evening, I was happy for this, because even though I was only gone for one night I already missed Andy. Then on Sunday it was my dad's birthday. We had a big dinner for him. Andy made marinated chicken and we had potatoes and rolls and salad. I was so happy that we could be here with him to celebrate his 59th birthday. After dinner we visited, had a snowball fight and then had cake and ice cream. My dad is such a neat strong person. I look up to him in so many ways for so many things. I love to be around him. I'm so thankful that we can live in Blanding and be close to most of our families.

6 comments:

Tiff said...

I didn't know Michelle was getting married. Tell her congrats!

Brittany said...

I didn't know that Michelle was getting married either. That is exciting! David Palmer is a way nice guy too! That's awesome! My parents think your dad is a pretty amazing guy also. They really like him! You and your family have been so strong through the trials that you have faced in the past few years! I hope your dad is doing well.

Andy & Alicia said...

I'm so excited for Michelle also! Brittany your parents were way good to my dad and mom during all that stuff. Thanks for your comment! It means a lot to me. As for my dad, he's doing pretty good. He so strong it amazes me.

jackster said...

That is so exciting for Michelle! She really does deserve it. Do you have an idea of when it will be or not yet? And tell Dan happy birthday from us, we love him :)

Andy & Alicia said...

They can't set a date yet, until it clears. This makes it hard, because honestly, it could be like a year or it could be a month. I'm excited to see you this weekend!

Janice Twitchell said...

Alicia! I'm glad you found my site! I don't know how to do it but I'm glad you did! It sounds like you and Andy are doing well. Cole, Cambri and I are keeping way busy. We built our home in Cannonville near Bryce Canyon,if you ever want to come visit you are welcome to anytime, I have plenty of room! Keep in touch okay! I"m just figuring this blog thing out so there will be more pics later. Talk to you soon.
Jan