This is the first deer hunt since I started shooting deer that I didn't get one opening morning. Instead I ended up shooting this guy in about the last 10 minutes of day light on Wednesday the closing day of the hunt. He's a pretty nice little 4 point, and he measured 18 inches wide. My dad shot a 5 point and David P. shot a pretty wide 4 point. We got all 3 out on my Grandma's land in Eastland. It was a good hunt for all of us. Andy didn't draw out this year, so instead he was a good driver for me. He actually spotted this deer, I thought it was just a doe and told him to keep going, but he said that it had horns. There was a doe right in front of it though, so I was a little nervous of shooting too low and killing the doe, plus it was a pretty long shot, about 200-250 yards, but luckily I hit this buck right in the middle of the chest, he ran about 3 ft. and dropped. Andy did the gutting since it was getting pretty dark, it was FREEZING cold, and we needed to hurry, but Derek and I helped hold the legs :) Derek is our nephew, Suzie's son. He was staying with us while his mom and dad took Taylor and Brielle up to State Cross Country. (Taylor, a sophomore, took 7th overall, and Brielle, a freshman, took 9th, but the girls team ended up taking STATE!!!!) Anyway, It was a lot of fun to have him go hunting with us. This was his first hunt, but don't let that fool you, because he made a pretty darn good hunter. He kept Andy company in the truck, he was even getting pretty good at spotting deer. Thanks for helping us Derek!
Derek and I holding up our prize.
We always take them to my Dad's to skin them. This is just one last picture before the coat comes off :)
Andy and my Dad being very nice and skinning my deer.

7 comments:
I'm very impressed with your 4 point! That's a long shot, good job! So yea, I text AND called you telling you I was coming to Blanding! So when I didn't hear back from you, I figured you must be out of town or very busy or something!! So, sorry we didn't get to see ya. Glad you care though :)
Way to go Alicia!! I've decided that you're a man's dream wife! My husband would love if I'd go hunting with him. I'd would like to go and look for the deer and sit in the car while he shoots it. I always feel bad for the deer even though I love to eat deer meat. Yummy!
Good job leece!! That is a wicked nice deer.
Just doing a little blog hopping and I found you. Josh will be jealous of the deer. Good job! I don't know how you convinced Andy and your Dad to skin it for you. Way to go.
Way to go leece! That's awesome! I have my blue card and have since I was like 17 but I've never used it! Cole didn't draw out this year and he was saying I should have put in. Maybe next year I will. I think I don't go cuz I don't want to gut the deer. Yuck. Even though I went out in Nursing in school, something about the deer just grosses me out. But I'm really impressed!!
Good job girl! Email me at joleen.kremin@gmail.com and I will give you spencer's stuff...
Thanks leece, your funny. I am already sick of short :) Sad I didn't get to see you.I was going to go look at your house but didn't know where. Nice buck though!!! I love that you guys all go together.
Post a Comment