Back around the first of the summer, Jeff called me and asked if maybe Andy and I would want to go to on a vacation with them in September, because they were using a week of Chelsa’s parents time share. I said of course I wanted to go, but I needed to talk to Andy to see if he did, and to make sure the timing and everything would work for us. I don’t think it’s Andy’s ideal vacation, but he knows that it’s mine, so we decided that we should go. There were a bunch of different places we could pick from to go to, but Jeff and Chey had already been to a lot of them, and they had only been to Cabo for like 6 hours on a cruise once and wanted to go back, and since We hadn’t ever really been anywhere we didn’t care where we went.
Friday Sept. 19th Day 1: We flew out at 10:45 AM. We had a little layover in Pheonix where we ate lunch. I bought a bottle of water so I could fill it up and take it on the plane (since that particular flight was making us pay for drinks) and when I went to fill it up the man in front of me was getting some Dr. Pepper and the spout thing came off and sprayed him all over his shirt, then when I went back to the table Andy had thrown away the lid to my water bottle, so I had to dig in the trash to find it. When I finally took a drink of the water after I was on the plane, I started gagging because it tasted like bleach so bad, moral of the story is stupid airport water is not worth it! Then we got back on the plane and landed in Cabo at 3:30 PM. The time is the same as Utah time, so that rocked… No jet lag for us! Our time share went from Sat – Sat, so Friday night we had to stay in a different room than we stayed in all week. Mine and Andy’s bed was broken and would rock back and forth and make a lot of creaking noises, good thing we were only in that room for 1 night. We went to dinner at a restaurant at the resort this night. It was pretty good, Andy was brave and ordered duck, it wasn’t too bad, but I don’t think I would waste my meal on it. Later that night we went hot tubbing, and played in the pool.

On the airplane. This was our first trip on an airplane together.

Eating lunch at the Pheonix airport.

Checking in when we first arrived.
This is our room the first night. Notice the rickety feet on the bed?

Eating dinner at one of the restaraunts at the resort. This is when Andy tried duck. I also tried Caviar here (compliments of the chef), Andy wasn't brave enough. It's not too bad, but it kinda pops in your mouth.
Saturday Sept. 20th Day 2: We woke up and went and had a FREE breakfast buffet at the same restaurant we ate at the night before. Then we went back to our room, checked out of it, and checked into our new room with and ocean view. It was gorgeous! Then we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the pool/beach to swim and relax. We hadn’t been grocery shopping yet, so we ordered lunch at the pool and watched all the drunk old tan people hang out and play volleyball. Andy and I went down to the beach and had so much fun! The sand was super hot though which made it hard to walk on, especially for Andy who has wimpy feet. We went into town that night for dinner at Pancho’s Mexican restaurant. It was OK, we ended up getting free strawberry daiquiris (virgin of course)which were very yummy. There was a little Mexican band of 3 guys playing as you walked in, and they came to our table and asked us if we wanted them to play a song, so Jeff told them to play Metallica, after a few blank stares he told them to play La Bamba instead, after they were done we had our food so we started eating, and they just stood there, and then they leaned over and said “can you tip us please?”! Who does that?... EVERYONE in Mexico! After dinner we went to Wal-Mart and bought groceries so we could eat breakfast and lunch in our rooms.

Andy chillin in the pool. (Notice the freakishly tan old ladies in their bikinis on the side)

Jeff and Chey laying out.

Andy taking a dip in the ocean.

Me posing for the camera

Running from the waves. They were really big sometimes.

I was trying not to get sucked under. It's hard to get away when the waves roll in and the others are rolling out.

Andy getting a little rest before we went to dinner.

Chelsa and I at Pancho's.

Jeff acting interested in the band singing. Notice how everyone else's hands are in the chips and salsa, and our free strawberry daiquiris. :)

I love this picture. I think I suprised him.

This is the greedy band that wanted a tip for their music. They were pretty good, but I think we would have tipped them more if they hadn't asked for it.
This is going to be really long, so I will post it in sessions. More days of our trip are soon to come :)


11 comments:
Sounds like so much fun!! I have been (not patiently) waiting for some posts of your trip!!
I honestly can't believe they asked you for a tip! What if we started doing that in the USA?? It sounds like such a fun trip! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
Yay, I've also been waiting for this post. I'm so glad you got to go! Those guys sound like everyone in Jamaica! Guys would carry out bags 5 feet without asking and then stick out their hands for tips. And I'm seriously shocked you tried caviar Leece! You don't even eat fish :)
SOOO FUN!! I'm glad you got to go and have fun! It was good to see you! You sound like you're doing really well! One of these days we'll have to get together and do a double date or something!
Hey I am so jealous. I think Jeff and Chelsa should ask me next time. We loved reading your blog James said "she is so funny". When we went on our cruise a guy asked if we wanted him to take our picture, after he just sat there and stared at us, so we pretended we didn't notice and started pointing out the sights to each other. By the way I think your brave admitting that you guys broke the bed;).
Scott and I went to Puerto Vallarta in August for our one year anniversary using his dad's condo time share too! Yay for Mexico and time shares. I was so bummed to come home, it's Mexico a total blast, besides them begging for money everywhere you go because they think all Americans are rich.
Sounds like you guys had a blast!!! Can't wait for more pics! :)
How fun Alicia! I have to say, Andy doesn't look to thrilled to be there in some of the pics...it is good for the cowboy!
What a fun trip. I'm so jealous!!! This is the first time I've talked to you since the 4th of July. I've missed you!
How fun!! I am glad that you got to go, I loved our Mexico trips! Andy is such a trooper!
That sounded so fun...I can't wait for the rest!! I love the pics. I'm so jealous
Post a Comment