Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trees

Andy and I decided that we wanted to start the beautification process on our new yard, so when Kenny and Amber ordered a whole bunch of trees a while back we asked them to order us 15 also. Thanks guys! They came last Thursday the 14th, and that night, by the time I got off work Andy had dug a trench with the backhoe so we could plant the trees and put the drip system in all at the same time. We have a long curvy driveway, so we planted them all along the west side of it. We planted Hybrid Poplars, hopefully they don’t die. We’ve been watering them every day, and so far a bunch of them already have little tiny green leafs popping out on them. After we planted each tree and put the drip system together we had to cover the pipe, we did this with shovels so we wouldn’t hit the trees with the backhoe. It was a lot of work for one evening, but very well worth it (I hope). Needless to say we (I) was very sore the next day.


Andy putting his backhoe skills to work.


The long trench


That's me dragging the pipe down the road. We had to glue it all together, then cut places for the little drippers to go and glue them in, it was quite the process.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

You two never cease to amaze me! Always working working working! Your house and yard is going to be beautiful! You better be careful doing too much work. Take it a little easy would ya?!

Noelle said...

Leece I'm so impressed with yours and Andy's skills! Seriously, so handy!! You are such a trooper doing it all pregnant too!! Your house is going to be amazing and I'm sure you'll appreciate and love it that much more with all the work you've put into it!

LindseyFae* said...

Everytime I look at your blog it blows my mind how much stuff you guys know how to do. I can paint? Take it easy, preggers!

Mal said...

Your entry will look so good with all those trees! I really don't think I would be able to do all that you do at this point. I probably would be in labor or something. But that is awesome that you are able to do it, keep it up as long as you feel good enough to! I haven't had any other kidney stone problems, I'm not even sure that I had them. But either way no pains in my sides for awhile which is good! How are you feeling?

Kenny and Amber said...

Yay for trees! You guys are so smart to get them planted right away - trees take sooo long to grow. We waited WAY too long, but I was so afraid they would die (and most of them did) oh well. Good Luck!