Friday, May 29, 2009

House Update - Sewer

Since we live out of town we get to have a septic tank for our sewer system. I just hope that I'm not the one that has to clean it out when it gets full.


Here Andy is digging the hole to put the tank in.


Here's the hole. It had to be 8 ft. x 13 ft. x 6 ft. deep.



We bought our tank from Cruzan Irrigation in Cortez, and they hauled it over for us.


I had to work when they brought it, so Andy took the camera and snapped these pictures. I'm kind of sad that I missed this guy sitting in that cool chair. That could be a pretty fun job.



Here it is all st into place.



As gross as it may be, the sewer stuff has to drain somewhere, so we get to have a leach pit. After Andy dug this hole, we had Cosby Trucking bring in some gravel from Arizona to fill it up so the "stuff" can soak through. This pit is 30 ft. x 30 ft. x 5 ft. deep.


For a while we had this mote that went around most of the front of our house. It was to get the water line from our well into the house. It's nice to have it filled it.

2 comments:

Francom Family said...

What a crappy post (JK:). I'm glad things are moving along nicely, I hope things continue to flow smoothly ;).

Brittany said...

I have a wonderful picture in my head now of where the poop from your house is going to go.:)