Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and Baby Blankets

It was my first official Mother’s Day this year and Andy did an amazing job of making it special for me. I had told him the week before that what I wanted for Mother’s Day was for him to teach our Primary lesson and to make me dinner. He said OK and I was excited to get to relax on Sunday. Then on Friday before Mother’s Day he came up to my desk at work and told me NOT to talk to him until I got off work at 4. I was so sad and I thought he was mad at for something. So I got in my car to go home for lunch and noticed that there was a CD in. After listening to it I realized that Andy had made me a very cute CD so by the time I got home (about 2 blocks from work) I was crying. Then when I got inside there was the prettiest bouquet of 2 dozen red roses waiting for me on the counter. So then I started bawling! (I blame this on being pregnant). All I wanted to do was call or go and find Andy and give him a hug and tell him thanks, but since he told me I couldn’t talk to him until 4 I refrained myself and instead just stood in the kitchen and cried. Then on Sunday he kept his word and taught the lesson and made me an awesome steak dinner. After dinner we took a nap then went to the cemetery to visit with my mom for a little while. We were able to talk with Andy’s mom that morning on Skype so all in all it was a pretty great day!



Andy and I decided that we wanted to make some blankets for our baby. So we each picked out some fabric, then we started them on a Sunday night and were finished with them on Thursday. We had so much fun making them together. Plus, now our baby won’t get cold.


Here's Andy tying his blanket. He was so fast at it.


After I sewed my squares together I had to pin the rows. It took my a long time.


Sewing it all together.


Andy finished tying his and now he's binding the edges.

Andy helped me tie mine and get it ready to bind. To finish doing all that and putting it on the frames only took us about 2 hours.


Here are our finished products. I think they turned out very cute.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy Mothers Day girlfriend!!

And those baby blankets are SO adorable!! Im so impressed with your sewing abilities. And Andy can sew too???!!!! he just went up 10 points in my book!!

Kenny and Amber said...

Happy Mother's Day - isn't it great when you are actually a mother? So cute that Andy made you a CD. And your blankets are adorable! Good Job!

Maggie and Curtiss Bradford said...

Alicia! Andy is such a cute guy to you! I'm glad him and Curtiss hang out, maybe he will start rubbing off on him!

jackster said...

Happy Mother's Day hun! Andy is so sweet! You're blankets are super cute, thats a fun idea. Good job on them!

Brittany said...

I'm impressed! Super cute! I'm really impressed that Andy can sew!:) You're baby is not only going to be warm but have stylish blankets too.:)