Considering I had a planned c-section, this post won't be too exciting. But I figured I had better write it down so he knows what happened when he gets older.
So at my next appointment my doc asked if we had decided which day we wanted and I bravely asked if we could do it on the 12th. I told him that I wasn't going to try and talk him into it or be sad if he said no, but that I was going to ask. He's the doctor and if he thought it was too early or there was any risk I was for sure wasn't going to fight him. But he asked me why I wanted that day and I told him because it was my mom's birthday. He used to work with my mom, plus he was her dr. so he knew her pretty well, and so when I told him this he said, "I think that would be pretty awesome". I was so happy!! He still of course had to check all of my ultrasounds and look at everything to make sure it would be OK for the baby.
After we knew the date of the c-section it was time to really start getting everything ready. We worked hard to get everything clean and ready by Monday so the house would be all ready for us to bring home a new baby too. Monday night Andy and I went out on a date one last time before we wouldn't be able to go alone for a while, and then we came home and played with Dodger for the rest of the evening.



Tuesday morning we had to be to the hospital by 5:00 am so we could be all ready for surgery which was scheduled for 6:00 am. Andy's dad was nice enough to come over and stay with Dodger so we didn't have to wake him up and so he didn't have to spend the night somewhere else.
When Bronx came out he came out screaming! This was so different from Dodger, they had to work to get him to make any noise. Bronx continued to scream while they cleaned him up. He looked so cute and chubby over there on the table. The doc even commented on how he was a big boy. So you can imagine our surprise when they told us that he only weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. We later discovered that they had made a mistake and he really weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. which seemed a lot more accurate.
After he was born he didn't eat the whole first day of his life until sometime in the middle of the night when the nurse gave him some food out of a suringe. I was a little worried, but they said that was normal with c-section babies because their stomachs are still full since they didn't have to be squished through the birth canal. The next day he took off nursing like a champ.
He's been perfect from day 1, and continues to be more and more perfect with each new day.
About a month ago I asked my doc about scheduling a date for the c-section. He said that basically I could pick any day I wanted except for 10-10-10, because for one it was on a Sunday, and two it was too early because my due date was 10-24-10, which would have put me at 38 weeks exactly. So He said that either the 15th or the 18th would probably be best. I went home and told Andy that we needed to decide on one of these days. But in our family we have so many birthdays in October. My Mom's is on the 12th, my sis-in-law Suzie is on the 14th, my nephew Aaron is on the 15th, my niece Brielle is on the 18th and my other niece Alex is on the 19th. So if we wanted this kid to have his own day we were going to have to either try and talk my doc into coming in on the weekend or having him well into my 39th week. After a lot of thinking I really wanted to have him on my Mom's birthday. He would be sharing the day with someone, but it would be my mom and I think that's awesome. But this was still pretty early considering I would only be 38 wks and 2 days, but I decided to ask anyway.
So at my next appointment my doc asked if we had decided which day we wanted and I bravely asked if we could do it on the 12th. I told him that I wasn't going to try and talk him into it or be sad if he said no, but that I was going to ask. He's the doctor and if he thought it was too early or there was any risk I was for sure wasn't going to fight him. But he asked me why I wanted that day and I told him because it was my mom's birthday. He used to work with my mom, plus he was her dr. so he knew her pretty well, and so when I told him this he said, "I think that would be pretty awesome". I was so happy!! He still of course had to check all of my ultrasounds and look at everything to make sure it would be OK for the baby.
After we knew the date of the c-section it was time to really start getting everything ready. We worked hard to get everything clean and ready by Monday so the house would be all ready for us to bring home a new baby too. Monday night Andy and I went out on a date one last time before we wouldn't be able to go alone for a while, and then we came home and played with Dodger for the rest of the evening.
Tuesday morning we had to be to the hospital by 5:00 am so we could be all ready for surgery which was scheduled for 6:00 am. Andy's dad was nice enough to come over and stay with Dodger so we didn't have to wake him up and so he didn't have to spend the night somewhere else.
We got to the hospital and they got me all hooked up and then they wheeled me into the operating room while Andy went and changed into his scrubs. He came in later to find me all doped up and falling asleep from the medicine. He kept poking me and telling me to wake up, but the medicine made me so drowsy and made my eyes swell so bad that I had a hard time keeping them open. Andy talked me through the whole thing, and told me when they were cutting me, when they started pulling on the baby, when they pulled him out and when they sewed me up. He did so good and watched the whole thing with out passing out, I was so proud of him and so greatful that he was able to be in there with me this time, it was so comforting to have him sitting by my side.
When Bronx came out he came out screaming! This was so different from Dodger, they had to work to get him to make any noise. Bronx continued to scream while they cleaned him up. He looked so cute and chubby over there on the table. The doc even commented on how he was a big boy. So you can imagine our surprise when they told us that he only weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. We later discovered that they had made a mistake and he really weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. which seemed a lot more accurate.
After he was born he didn't eat the whole first day of his life until sometime in the middle of the night when the nurse gave him some food out of a suringe. I was a little worried, but they said that was normal with c-section babies because their stomachs are still full since they didn't have to be squished through the birth canal. The next day he took off nursing like a champ.
He's been perfect from day 1, and continues to be more and more perfect with each new day.
There you have it! My little Bronx was born on his Grandma Johnson's birthday a very strong, healthy and handsome little boy!

9 comments:
I am glad everything went so well! He is adorable! Congrats again.
I didn't think it was that boring. You look super cute in the pictures. I didn't realize they messed up his weight. Good thing he was early, you might have had a nine pounder.
Congrats! He's perfect!! I love the name :) Hope all is well and that you're recovering from everything! Hope the adjustment from 1 to 2 kids is good for u!
Congrats Leece! He's a cutie! Love those cheeks! I'm coming down next week if you need newborn pics taken :) You are such a cute little mama, I'm sure you'll adjust to 2 like a pro!
I haven't checked on here for a while! So glad you had him and everything went well! He's perfect! Love love love the name! can't wait to see more pics! Congrats leece. hope you heal fast and well. does dodger just love him?!
Oh he's so dang cute! I can't wait to see him. Glad you guys are all well!
Alicia, he is just adorable. I wanted to come by and see him when I was down but ethan was sick and I didn't want to carry anything over there. I'm glad everything went well. I will come see him next time I am there. Love ya!
Way to go Leece!!! He is a doll!!!
He is so handsome and sounds like things went really well! Congrats again!
Post a Comment