Monday, January 10, 2011

Dodger is 18 months old!



I honestly cannot believe Dodger is already 18 months old. He is such a big boy now. I took him to the doctor last Friday for his well check visit and to get his shots, when they informed me he was sick and it would be better to wait to get his shots until he felt better. I felt like such a tool for not knowing my kid was sick! As the day went on he got sicker and sicker and ended up with a fever over 102. But I'm pretty sure it's because he's teething, he's getting some of his bottom molars right now.

His stats are:
Height - 34 inches (90%)
Weight - 23 lbs. (25%)
And they didn't tell me his head.
So I guess I have a tall skinny boy on my hands. He is always on the move and never slows down so that explains why he is so skinny. But my doc said not to try and fatten him up because that would only mess him up when he's older. I agree!

He talks all the time now, and can pretty much say anything we ask him too.
He has been putting words together and will say things like "tank-tu mama" (thank you mama) and "mo candy" (more candy). I'm pretty sure I have raised a candy junky. oops!
He is now sleeping in a big boy bed and loves it, mom hates it.
He is really into books right now and gets really excited when it's bed time and we get to read stories. We found him sitting on his air vent in the middle of the night with all of his books around him.
If I tell him to sing he'll start singing and dancing.
If we ask him a question and the answer is yes he will shake his head NO and say "ya", but if we ask him a question and the answer is no, he will just shake his head NO.
He is now going to nursery. If they would stop bringing him out to us every time he cried a little bit it would be going a lot better. But hopefully he's getting used to it.
He still loves Bronx and gets worried if he can't see him, or if we go somewhere without him.
He calls his binki a "bop", his blankets "ni-ni's" and shoes "boops".
His favorite foods right now are raisins (but we call them candy), crackers, chocolate milk, corn, green beans, eggs, potatos, banana's, rice krispie treats and yogurt oh and of course candy!
His favorite toys are his big car, his popper, hammers, legos & books.
He is so crazy, I feel like I am always chasing him around or cleaning up his messes.


He fell asleep with some of his sandwich in his hand. This was a really funny day, and I got him falling asleep on video.


I don't know where they learn to do this, but I think it's so funny. I remember the first time I saw my niece Alex do it, I thought it was hilarious, and now that Dodger does it I still think it's just as funny.


After the bath I went in to get him a diaper and when I came back he was in the sink and putting lotion on his face like mommy does it. I always catch him mimiking things we do.


He likes to eat his breakfast with different "mana's" (silverware, don't ask me where it came from) and thisparticular morning he chose to eat his eggs with an ice cream scoop.


After a big snow storm a couple of weeks ago, He went with his dad into town to help him push snow on the skid steer. He still loves to be outside.


I'm pretty sure his dad was tickling him in this picture. He is such a funny giggly kid and has the best personality.


This is his "cheese" smile, notice how the arm has to be back too.

We love you little mansy!

5 comments:

Chey said...

So cute. Love the tie.

Janice Twitchell said...

leece, I can't believe he's 18 mos! I seriously don't know how you do it with 2 kids under 2. You are such a GREAT mom and one I seriously look up to! Kagen calls his binki a "bop" too. never heard it called that before until him, thought it was a cool coincidence. :)
I really don't know how we missed each other while I was in Blanding! I should have just dropped by. Sorry I'm such a bad friend! Next time I'm there I will make sure to stop by. :)

Francom Family said...

He is getting so big. I love the picture of him falling asleep while eating. I want to come see you guys soon. I think I will just pop in on you... no that is mean, I will call first:).

Buehlers said...

Adorable!!! Love the update. What a cute little guy. Levi would have fun playing with him.

Jessie said...

He is so darn cute Leece!! He seems like such a fun little boy! And a smart one at that! That is awesome that he is already putting words together. That is something that took Crew till he was probably 2 years old to do.