Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bronx's Bops

It came time to take away Bronx's best friends, his bops!  He loved those things so much.  For a while we would only let him have them if he was in his room, so he would hang out for like an hour just sitting on his bed sucking on his bop.  So with Bronx we decided to try something different than what we had done with Dodger, and we let him take his binki's to the store and use them like money and buy whatever he wanted with them.  We asked him first if he wanted toys or treats, and he chose toys, so I took him into CB's.  In the first picture is the last time he got to have his bops. It's always so sad for me, and I'm never ready to get rid of them.  It's security for me and them, and I hate to see it go.  
Anyway, I took him in and since he had 3 bops left he got to choose 3 different treats, he looked around for a while and finally chose a pop, starbursts, and bubble gum. Then he took them up to the counter, and didn't hesitate at all when he handed them over.  You have to realize here that Bronx LOVES treats.  He loves pop, or Pepsi is what he calls all pop, and candy and especially gum.  Once he handed them over we left and I think he only asked for them once that night at bedtime, and we reminded him that he had bought his treats with them and then he was fine from there on out!  
I loved doing it this way. 
P.S. Please notice his awesome outfit, shorts, cowboy boots and of course, a superhero mask :)







No comments: