My calling right now is the Second Counselor in the YW Presidency. I love it!! I get to teach the Beehives, which I love. They ars so fun, and so sweet, and so cute!! AND they love my boys, which is an added bonus. At girls camp they always need Preisthood holding men to be there at all times, so this year since I had a nursing baby, and since they needed Preisthood there anyway, Andy and ALL of my boys came and camped with us the whole time. My boys loved every minute of it, I don't know if everyone else loved having them there, but who cares, we all survived.
We camped up on the Bear's Ear's at Kenny's cabin, and since the Stake was going on Trek this year also, each ward was in charge of their own girls camp. So we planned it a little differently and kind of did it more like scout camp. I think the girls liked it, and it was pretty relaxed for the leaders.
We had the usual girls camp skits, a special speaker (Jonna Meyers), gun shooting, horse back riding, and a team building thing where the girls had to try and get each other through a rope web built between trees. Each class was in charge of a meal, and then everyone brought snacks to share, and Andy and I brought snow cones.
Me and Stihl and Dodger camped in Mom & Dad Black's camp trailer that they were nice enough to haul up there for me. Andy and Bronx camped in our little white enclosed snow cone trailer.
After everyone had cleaned up camp and went home Andy and I and the boys stayed a little longer and played in the pond, and Andy cut down some posts. By the time we were headed home the boys only lasted about 2 minutes before they were both sound asleep!!









No comments:
Post a Comment