Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dodger's Swim Lessons

 I think we're growing a fish instead of a little boy.  Dodger loves the water, and has since he was tiny!  We decided to put him in two sessions of swimming lessons this year, we thought it was a good investment, especially since we live around ponds.  He loved them, and did so good.  By the end of his first 2 weeks he was swimming by himself and diving for things off of the bottom of the pool (in the shallow end). By the end of summer he was jumping off of the diving board and swimming to the edge all by himself.  It makes me so happy that he loves to swim.  I lived at the pool during the summers when I was a kid, I think it's awesome exercise and a good use of time. He was with his friend Carson Millward in both of his classes, and in his second session he was with Stetson, which of course made class more fun.  I think his favorite part of both sessions was the last day when they got to dive for a pop off the bottom, and when the teacher gave him the paper that said he did a good job, and can advance to the next class.










No comments: