Sunday, July 14, 2013

Black Family Reunion 2013

The Semi-Annual Black Family Reunion didn't officially start until July 3rd, but we were lucky enough to go with Mom & Dad Black, their friends the Magnani's from their NY mission & Kenny & Amber to the Bar D.  This is one of our favorite places to go in the summer, and we try to go every year.  It worked out perfect that we could go with such fun people this year. Poor Grandpa ended up getting pooped on by baby Stihl a few times while we were there.  Luckily I had just bought him a new outfit at Wal-Mart, and then luckily again I had brought his jammies :)  We got there early enough to ride the train and listen to the Bar D Wranglers sing a little bit before the show started.

Most of my family was also down this weekend for the 4th of July so we had to split our time between families.  It worked out OK, but we did miss out on some fun stuff from both parties.  Oh wells!







The rest of the reunion consisted of renting the pool, which was a blast, although the weather was a little chilly.  Even Grandma & Grandpa got in and swam with the kids.  Andy and his mom got in a water fight/splashing war.  I think his mom won.  Some of the older boys and uncles had a race, although I'm not sure who won that.










We had lots of fun at the cabin.  Amber & I were in charge of a nature scavenger hunt for the kids.  Suzie was in charge of crafts.  We were there for the plate decorating, which was way fun.  Steve F. even colored and awesome chainsaw plate for Stihl.  We ate TONS of yummy food, and had a pie eating contest.  Grandma made SO MANY pies!!  Each age group had there own contest, everyone in our little family got in on the action except for Stihl.  I actually think Andy might have won in our age group.  We went to the parade and sat in front of the office building.  Andy stayed with our snow cone stuff at the park and I took the boys. It was a really fun reunion, and the best part was being able to see everyone!  I'm so happy Andy's mom takes the time to plan these for us.



























No comments: