Our last camping trip to Lake Powell was spent with both of the Francom families in our lives, Suzie, Steve and their kids, and James, Nicole and their kids. We just stayed one night, but we made the most of it, and were ready to go home when our time was over.
Andy and I and the boys went down a few hours before everyone else, and took a lunch and found a nice shady place to swim. We also found a camping place and laid out our tent to save it for when the other families came. It worked out perfect for Bronx to have a little nap before everyone got there. He got to where he was really good at sleeping on the boat :)
Each family was assigned a meal. Ours was dinner that first night. We had chicken wraps, pasta salad, and watermelon. After dinner the party continued and everyone swam in the dark.
Suzie & Dodger
We didn't have the best luck with everyone sleeping good that night in our tent. Andy ended up out of the tent on the tube, which made it so me and the boys could sleep better, but I don't think he slept very much at all.
I thought this was so cute! When Bronx woke up the next morning he just poked his head out and looked around for a while. I think he was a little confused.
Brielle & Dodger
Our boat ended up having some troubles the second day. Luckily our camp was full of very capable guys who ended up fixing it, so the party continued!
Derek
Taylor and Andy wake boarding behind Francom's boat.
Andy, James, Steve & Taylor thought it would be fun to have Suzie drive the boat while they all rode the tubes. It ended up being a competition of who could bash the other tube the hardest. I guess Bronx thought it was a little boring since he fell asleep watching ;)
Andy & Nicole and Suzie & Steve rode the tubes back. We knew I was pregnant at the time so I didn't want to lay on my belly over all those waves.
more napping
When it was time to go, we went and helped the others load up and then decided we wanted ice cream, so we headed over to the marina. Dodger was so exhausted by then, but he was happy to wake up to ice cream...and a new hat, so he didn't have to wear mom's pink one anymore.
I'm so excited for next summer!!

No comments:
Post a Comment