When Andy's parents got their 2nd mission call to serve in the Palmyra, New York temple for 6 months I was so excited, and started saving so we could go and visit. I've always wanted to go to New York, and I thought this was going to be my opportunity to go and see it all. Well, I quickly realized that New York has a lot to offer, and that we would never have enough time to see it all in one trip. So we decided to focus on the Church History part of it around where his parents were serving. I'm so happy we did, and that we didn't try to cram anymore in. It was awesome.
Day 1: We started out our trip bright and early by driving to the Cortez airport around 3:30 AM. I was hoping the boys would sleep the whole way over, but they were too excited.
They are watching the plane get ready
Mickey Mouse saved us with Dodger. It helped keep him occupied for part of the plane rides.
We are expecting our 3rd baby in March, but we had waited to tell Andy's parents until we went to see them. So I made the boys some shirts to surprise them with, Dodger's said Big Brother on the front, and Bronx's said Little Brother on the front, AND Big Brother on the back. Andy's dad caught right on and gave me a big hug. It took Andy's mom about 30 min. to realize. It was really hard not to tell them for so long, but I'm glad we did it this way, it turned out to be a lot of fun.
That first night we got there, after a yummy dinner made by Charlotte, Andy and I left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and went to do a session at the Palmyra Temple. It was kind of hard to stay awake after our long day, but well worth it.
Day 2: The next morning we woke up and headed straight for Niagara Falls. It is beautiful there!! I've heard that it's even prettier on the Canadian side, but we don't have passports for the boys so we couldn't go over and see. But, it's pretty awesome from the American side so I don't feel too bad.
After looking around for a while Mom and Dad were nice enough to treat us to a ride on the Maid of the Mist. It's a boat ride that you can take that will take you right down to the bottom of the Falls. We got soaked!
After that we decided we were starving and went and ate at the Dinosaur BBQ. We all stuffed our faces, and even had enough for dinner the next night. Yum! After we were done, the boys found some pretty fun motorcycles outside, and we were lucky enough to see one of the owners, who was nice enough to let the boys sit on it for a while. They loved it!!
Then we drove back to Palmyra, and hiked up to The Hill Cummorah. WOW!! This was an awesome place to go to and be at. It's beautiful, and the boys loved playing on the hill and giving their mom a heart attack that they were going to fall.
Then the boys and I walked back to the trailer with Grandpa. It was fun because he told me all about the pageant and gave me a little insight on what goes on in the background.

No comments:
Post a Comment