Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Visiting Grandpa Quayle

 Back in November, it worked out perfectly for me to ride over to Cedar City with Suzie and Steve to watch Brielle dance with her ballroom dance company.  And then from there they took me down to St. George to stay with my grandpa for a few days until it was time for Brielle to go home for Thanksgiving.  It honestly couldn't have worked out any better. 
It was so good to spend that time with my grandpa and be able to help him go through a bunch of my grandma's stuff.  We also tried to clean out and throw a lot of stuff away.  There is still so much to do, hopefully I can make it back someday to help some more.
I was able to go to church with him on Sunday, which was awesome.  Then on Monday we went to lunch with his friends at Wendy's.  They go every Monday, and have been going for like 10 years.  They hardly ever miss a week, unless something comes up, and they ALWAYS go to Wendy's, we also went grocery shopping.  My Grandpa drove most of the time, which was pretty scary, even though he did a good job for a 92 year old.  That night I made him and my Uncle Rich and Aunt Deb dinner, then on Tuesday I went home. 
My Grandpa is such a special guy to me.  I love him so much, and I feel like I learned a lot about him while I was there.  He's taking pretty good care of himself and eating healthy.  I just wish that my family lived closer to we could keep a better eye on him.
 I'm SO happy that this worked out so good, and that I was able to go over.  It was so hard to leave my kids and husband behind for that long.  I'm pretty sure I cried everyday!  But they were fine, I was fine and we were all happy to see each other when I got home.  Andy even had the house spotless for me!  I'm thankful for my Mother-in-Law and Suzie for helping take care of my kids while Andy had to work, because I know how crazy they are!


My Grandma's headstone

No comments: