Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas this year was awesome! It was so fun to have Dodger around and to buy and wrap all of his gifts. Even if he didn't know what was going on, it still made our Christmas better.

It's tradition in Andy's family that on Christmas Eve everyone who can goes over to his parents house for a nice candle light dinner, a program, the reading of the Christmas story from the Bible, and of course to break a pinata. This year Andy and I volunteered to help our niece and nephew make the pinata. We had so much fun spending some one on one time with Katie and Derek and our pinata turned out pretty cool!

It's a biker dude snowman. At least until we took it over to grandma and grandpa's house and grandpa decided to make it a french beret wearing snowman. Either way it was way cute.


The grand kids starting with the youngest to the oldest get to take a few swings at it. So Dodger got to go first.


Andy and Dodger enjoying the program. Each family performs a few talents. I'm sad to say that our little family has never been able to participate, maybe next year we will get on the ball and try to do something.


Dodger's first Christmas ornament


Andy putting together Dodger's Santa present on Christmas Eve.


Coming out to see if Santa really came.


Someone is a very sleepy boy!


He really DID come!


Santa brought Andy a re-loading kit.


Santa brought me a new lens for my camera. Here I'm trying it out, and I love it!


Dodger loved rolling around in the wrapping paper.


Playing in the new walker.


Dodger with all of his lute. He made a haul.


All of the fun wore him out.


After we opened presents we went around to my Dad's house and to all of the cousins to see what everyone else got for Christmas. That's another fun tradition from Andy's family. Then my Dad and Billie invited us over to their house for a really yummy dinner. It was a great Christmas!

4 comments:

Mal said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It is amazing how much more fun Christmas can be with kids! Love the pictures. What kind of camera do you have, and what lenses do you have? I am looking for a new lens for my camera and just not sure what to get.

LindseyFae* said...

Your pictures are soo sweet! The one of him under you tree reminds me of a pic of Bentley like that on her first Christmas. I think they will always be my favorite Christmas pictures. It's like you feel like a real family! (Not that you're not already.. but something about your first Christmas with your first baby is the best)

Janice Twitchell said...

How fun! Cole has a reloading kit and loves it! Any will love his. It looks like they have the same one. Dodger is such a stud. I love christmas even more now that I have kids. You're right It seriously is so much better!
What camera do you have?

Brittany said...

It makes me really excited for our next Christmas just looking at your pictures because our little one will be the same age as Dodger was this year. So fun!! I'm so excited! I love the picture of Dodger rolling around in the wrapping paper looking so happy!