Somehow I missed his 5 month mark, oh well!
I took Dodger to his 6 month check up today (a week late) and everything looked really good. His stats are:
- 50% for weight (he weighed 17 lbs. 8 oz.)
- 90% for height
He is getting so big and learning new stuff everyday. He is always making us laugh with his cute faces and funny sounds. Here is what he has been up to:
- He can roll over from front to back and back to front and he rolls all over the place all the time. Sometimes I'll come back into a room and it will take me a minute to find him because he has rolled into a corner or something.
- He is about ready to start crawling. He gets up on his knees and rocks back and forth.
- He is army crawling, if that's what you want to call it. He get's up on his toes and then pushes himself forward or backward, whichever direction his destination is. He also rotates in a complete circle while on his stomach and his stomach never moves from the spot it's in when he started.
- We started feeding him rice cereal on 12/6/09 and he loves it. Except when I don't shovel it in fast enough and then he gets mad.
- On Christmas day we decided to start feeding him vegetables. We started out with carrots and he really likes them. Then we went to peas, and he will eat the whole thing, but then as soon as I feed him the last spoonful he throws it all up. So we are done with peas. We are now onto sweet potatoes and so far they are a hit!
- He still likes to be swaddled, but I only swaddle him at night, and even then I've only started swaddling his body and legs, no arms. Our families like to call him Burrito Baby when they see him like this.
- For some reason he likes this corner of his crib. He always ends up there, and if you'll notice in this picture his body is bent into a backwards C, it can't be too comfortable.
- He finally found his toes. I was so excited for this because I think it's so cute when babies can pull their legs up and get their toes in their mouths.
- He still loves bath time.
- He is always happy. Here he's just hanging out in his swing, which by the way we had to retire. He would hang his head out the side and then it would crash with the legs of the swing.
- He still loves his Daddy. I love this picture of them in their matching camo.
We love him so much! He's growing up way too fast!!!

5 comments:
So, so cute! He seems like such a fun baby! I love that last picture too. And awesome that he is sleeping through the night, or at least thinkging about it. I haven't even tried with Trace yet, like I said in my post about Brody I get a little paranoid. Haha, but one of these nights maybe I will let him cry it out.
yeah for dodger! I love it when they start sleeping through the night! He looks like he is always happy. and i love all the smiling pics of him. he's so cute!
Way cute pics.
He's a cute kido, it doesn't seem like it's been six months since you had him, time flies!
Doger is so adorable! He has the cutest little face ever!!!
And as for the crying it out thing...I did it with Crew and have never once regretted doing it. You gotta do what you gotta do!
Post a Comment