After a 6 nights of letting Dodger cry, last night he FINALLY slept through the night!!! When our alarm clock went off at 5:30 Andy and I looked at each other and I asked him if he had gotten up or had heard him crying during the night and he said no, and I hadn't either. It was GREAT! I feel like I finally was able to get some sleep and when I woke up I didn't feel wasted.
When we started letting him just cry it out, I would go in there and put his binky back in like 3 times a night. He would usually cry for about an hour and then he would talk to himself for a while and then he would either cry some more or he would eventually fall asleep. I know I shouldn't have gone in the room to give him his binky, but I felt so bad. Plus, I was worried that he would be caught in his blankets or trapped in a corner. But, he was fine and we slept great. I just hope he does just as well tonight. Wish us luck!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good for you Alicia! It is always so hard letting them cry. Nash cried for 2 hours one night and then the next night no crying and he has been a good sleeper ever since. It is frustrating but well worth it when they sleep well! I love all of your new posts about Christmas too. Dodger is getting so big and such a cutie!
You are so mean. The binky thing really was a fatal mistake, no wonder it took 6 nights. Big no no. Hopefully he will keep on sleeping though. Good job.
Post a Comment