The week of his birthday I was so emotional and I couldn't sleep. I think that was partly due to planning his party and me being a stressor, and mostly due to the fact that I'm not ready for him to grow up and be 1 year old already! The night before his birthday Andy and I stayed up and talked about what we were doing one year earlier that same night and how nervous we were to meet our new baby. Little did we know that he was going to be so awesome.
- has his 2 bottom teeth. They came in at about the same time and hardly have him any problems. I had to give him some medicine about 2 times and that's all. I hope the rest are this easy.
- Still prefers to say "dada" for everything. However he can also say (when he wants to) mama, papa, kitty, kisses, & thank you.
- Still sleeps through the night
- Takes 1-2 naps a day
- Loves to go swimming
- Will back up into my lap so he can sit down. I LOVE this!!
- Likes to play with the kitties but is NOT soft with them. He will pick them up by their ears and tails.
- He hates to get in his carseat, but once we are moving he's fine with it.
- He only gets his binki at nap time and bed time. So now when I give him his binki if he's not tired he will hardly take it because he knows it means sleep.
- Loves to be outside and if he hears a door open he will run to it and cry if he doesn't get to go out.
- He is always SO busy! It's so hard for me to keep up with him. I just let him do his damage and then when he's done I'll go and clean it up.
- At his 12 month check-up he weighed 22.5 lbs (50%) and was also 50% in height and his head was also 50%.
- He had to get 5 shots at his check-up, but they hardly bothered him at all. He cried for a minute and that was all. The rest of the day he acted like nothing happened.
This has been such a fast and wild year. Here is a look back in no particular order:
He had jaundice so bad. I didn't realize until I was looking at these pictures.
I can't believe how much I love this kid! He makes me laugh and smile everyday. I'm so thankful that I get to be his Mom!

4 comments:
I can't believe he's already a year old!!! Time goes by too fast! He's going to be such a cute older brother. It was good to see you guys for a few minutes!
So cute! Looks like he had a fun party!
Haha I freaking love the picture of you three sticking your tongues out! Happy Birthday Dodger!!
I know the feeling of the emotion of them growing up. And on top of all that, you are pregnant, so just wait till you about have another baby and start crying for ever reason under the sun. Just know, it's totally normal. At least that's what I tell myself.
Post a Comment