Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Dutch Oven

Have I ever mentioned how talented my husband is... at EVERYTHING!! Sometimes it makes me laugh because if he has an idea or wants something he most likely will be able to build it, which is nice because it ends up saving us money, sometimes.

Well he had one of his ideas and he thought about it a lot, and in the end he came up with an awesome dutch oven for cooking for a crowd. This started out as some pipe and scrap metal and ended up looking like he'd bought it. These pictures are of it's maiden voyage, and he didn't have all of the parts there but you get the idea. On this day he was able to cook 40 lbs. of potatoes with room to spare!




This will also be perfect for cooking BBQ chicken since it is so deep. He made a screen/grill for the top to easily poor off the grease, and also a griddle for the lid to make bacon or pancakes etc. on. Not to mention, he made the spatula as well. Also, since it's so big he ended up having to make him a camp chef to cook on, I'll have to post a picture of that later.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Holy cow Andy!!! That is awesome! If you ever feel the need to come back east I have plenty of ideas for projects that I KNOW would keep you busy! :) ...just think about it...hehe. Alicia you are one lucky girl. By the way I LOVE the pictures Suzi did for you. I am glad you did pictures before the baby comes. Those will be good memories of when it was JUST Dodger. He is such a cutie!

Brittany said...

It's amazing the stuff Andy makes! I don't even know him except for what I know from your blog but he never ceases to amaze me.:)