Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dodger's 1st Birthday

Dodger turned 1 year old on July 1st! Holy cow, time FLIES!!! We decided to throw him a water/pool party and invite all of his cousins. Since we don't have any grass yet we had it at my dad's house in the backyard. I think it turned out awesome! We had a slip-n-slide, a pool, and we put the sprinkler under the tramp. Andy grilled hamburger's and everyone brought a salad to share so dinner turned out so yummy! Dodger is so lucky to have so many people who love him and want to be a part of his life. Thank you so much to everyone who came and played with us, for help with the food, and for all of the gifts.

Here are bunch of pictures from the party. Thank you Suzie for taking such awesome pictures so I didn't have to worry about having my camera out.


The Birthday Boy!


Kade making a run down the slip-n-slide


Dodger loves Swedish fish so we decided to decorate each cupcake with one. I think this may have been Stetson's 3rd cupcake :)


Dodger loved opening his presents and getting all of his new stuff.


He is so happy to get his big dump truck. I love his facial expressions in these pictures, it's so funny


He loved the shiny bag


MORE TOYS!!!! YAY!!!


He loved the shiny bag so much that Aunt Chelsa put him in it.


We had races back and forth

Since we were doing a water themed party I decided to make a fish cake. Also because Dodger loves Swedish fish and Gold Fish.

Daddy helping him blow out his candle


I think he might try it.


Dad had to show him it really was eatable.


But he would rather play with it...


and put his foot in it.


I think he ate about 3 bites...


and then he was done. After that we had to hose off all of the bright orange frosting.


Dodger was nice enough to let the cousins dig in.


Yum, Yum!


Derek, Brighton, Kennedi




Grandpa feeding the birthday boy.


Stetson needed a little bit of help down the slip-n-slide.


Megan, Rachel, Jessica


Trying out all of the water games.


I think he was trying to steal aunt Suzie's camera





We love to swim!!


Relaxing with Grandpa


Most of the kids cooling off in the swimming pool





Derek cool moves.


Dodger loves all of his cousins so much! We had so much fun at his first birthday party. I can't wait to plan the next one. Thanks everyone for coming!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Dodger! I can't believe he is already ONE! Such a big boy!

The party looked like a blast!

ps. your little prego belly is so cute!

Chey said...

Lots of cute pics, he is a cutie. Glad we could make it.

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Happy Birthday Dodger! He is such a cutie!

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

p.s. that last message was from Patricia..sorry.

Kenny and Amber said...

Happy Birthday Dodger! Thanks for inviting us to your fun party. Stetson had a BLAST!!! Super cute pictures!

Brittany said...

Happy 1st birthday Dodger! Fun stuff! I love the orange fish cake! I can't believe he's already one. I think I'll be sad at Roman's 1st birthday party next year too. I can't even think about it. I said to him last night "Roman, stay 20 days old forever okay." :)