Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summertime BBQ's

I love Summer BBQ's!! I love being outside on the mountain or in a canyon or even just in the backyard. I love the smell of the food and most of all eating the food. Well the last couple of weekends we have been able to go out and enjoy all of this.

Andy's parents own a lot up at the Dude Ranch so we went up, took our 4-wheeler, chainsaw and cooked out. Dodger and I mostly just played and rode the 4-wheeler around while Andy cooked and cut some firewood. It was such a nice evening, I can't wait to go again!

The Chef!


Dodger thought it would be fun to eat the dirt.


Cutting some firewood.

We enjoyed this so much that this last weekend we wanted to go again! We decided to head to Dry Wash and take Andy's parents canoe. Then after some thought we decided to invite all of Andy's family to go with us, and even on such short notice they were all able to come.



I'm pretty sure this picture was taken after Dodger had almost fallen out of the canoe. Andy barely caught him by his life jacket.


All he wanted to do was touch the water like this!


After dinner Andy took Dodger swimming for a little bit, the water was a little bit too cold so he didn't last very long. So he went on a 4-wheeler ride with grandma and I got in and swam with Andy, Derek & Rachel.


We had a very yummy dinner of dutch oven potatoes, dutch oven squash, BBQ chicken, salad & watermelon. The best part was that there was enough left overs for us to have some for Sunday dinner too.





We've had these cowboy boots for Dodger since about the time he was born, and he is finally fitting into them. He looked so cute!


This is what happens after a fun day, and very little nap time.

2 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

Cute pictures! Thanks so much for inviting us. The food was wonderful, and we had a great time. I guess we will have to do it again so Stetson can got swimming:)

Chey said...

So cute. Love the boots, I might have to pick some up for Carter.